Purchase Ledger Clerk (8 roles available)
- Reference: 374750
- Job Type: Permanent
- Salary: 18000
- Location: County Durham
Nobia UK is part of the Nobia Group, Europe’s leading kitchen specialist. On paper, they develop, manufacture and sell smart and attractive kitchens under their UK brand names (Magnet, Rixonway, Gower, Commodore and CIE) and also through twenty or so strong International brands. But what they really do is inspire people to realise their kitchen dreams.
This is an exciting time to join the Nobia business due to the creation of a new finance shared service centre in Darlington.
You will be working as part of a team, processing and paying purchase ledger invoices, including matching these with purchase orders raised.
All purchase orders received by Nobia UK are processed by a Central Purchase Ledger Team, who deal with all invoice postings, purchase order matching, supplier payments and supplier queries using the in-house Nobia UK Purchase Ledger systems.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Opening post, scanning and verifying invoices on to the purchase ledger systems in a timely manner.
- Batching and inputting invoices and credit notes on to the purchase ledger systems.
- Investigating rejected and un-matched invoices by liaising with suppliers, approvers and the purchasing department, and subsequently updating system notes to reflect actions taken.
- Assisting with the supplier statement reconciliations process and following up on queries until they are resolved.
- Escalating queries and issues arising to senior members of the Accounts Payable Team, where appropriate.
- Filing and archiving all manually entered invoices.
- Providing general administration support as and when required within the team, often of an ad-hoc nature.
- Processing employee expenses by receiving and ensuring verifcation of expense forms so that they are ready for the next step.
- Processing petty cash requests.
- Receiving and resolving telephone queries.
As a good fit for this role, you must have the ability to work and meet tight deadlines. You will be comfortable working well under pressure and have attention to detail.
You will have good working knowledge of Excel and an ERP system including SAP or Oracle.
You will also be able to demonstrate working knowledge of being involved in the whole AP process in a high volume environment.