Business planning and performance manager
- Reference: 374728
- Job Type: Permanent
- Salary: Competitive + Bens
- Location: North East
Established in the 1950s, today Percy Hedley Foundation is a nationally and internationally recognised charity supporting over 1000 disabled people and their families through their School, College, Sports Academy, Adult Residential Centre and Employability Projects. Through a genuine passion for putting the needs and aspirations of disabled people at the heart of everything they do, Percy Hedley Foundation has grown to an income of £24m, with a business plan to continue that growth to £30m within five years.
As such, they are undergoing a significant transformation that demonstrates a real commitment to driving improvement and achievement throughout the organisation and will enable the continuing support of people whatever their level of disability, and their families.
At the heart of the transformation is the aim of delivering more value for money. Following a recent restructure, Percy Hedley Foundation is seeking to appoint a Business Planning and Performance Manager to lead the business planning, marketing and income generation team. This newly created role will support the Executive in developing new and existing business through the production of strategic and operational plans, robust business cases for new opportunities and ongoing performance reports.
Responsible for Business Planning and performance across the Foundation, the key areas of focus will include:
- Develop and implement a process for the production and annual update of the Foundation’s strategic and operational plans;
- Focus on income generation, including bids, grant applications and use of the estate to maximise income;
- Coordinate the annual updates and production of key business planning documents and produce robust business cases;
- Establish an effective and appropriate system for performance reporting, that allows tracking of progress against strategic goals and ambitions;
- Develop criteria to evaluate new business opportunities and commissioning frameworks to inform decision-making;
- Lead, develop and manage a team of 2 covering marketing and bid roles.
- Carry out ad hoc feasibility reviews of new service opportunities;
- Ensure that service heads are supported by providing marketing materials and campaigns tailored to meet their requirements.
- Develop and manage an effective bid library;
With previous business planning experience, the ideal candidate will bring energy and enthusiasm to the role, shaping and developing the planning and performance management function to maximise opportunities for the Foundation.
Previous experience of creating strategic business plans and providing business planning advice at both a strategic and operational level is essential, as is the ability to work closely with internal and external stakeholders. The ability to communicate effectively at all levels, give leadership and advice and make decisions under pressure will prove a key factor of success in this role. Previous team management/leadership experience is also required. Although not an essential requirement, previous experience of marketing and income generation, along with the ability to manage multiple projects would be highly desirable.
The closing date for applications is Monday 10th July 2017.
This is a rare opportunity to join one of the North East’s highest profile organisations and to play a key role in the next step of the journey for the organisation.